Food Lion understands the importance of extra savings. We will do our part in helping you save more by making it easy for you to use your coupons during your shopping visit by using the following guidelines.
Food Lion accepts manufacturer and store coupons that can be obtained from newspapers, flyers, the internet, our MVP Savings Center, foodlion.com, or our Catalina coupon machines at each register.
*Certain exclusions and exceptions apply. See below for details.
All Coupons must meet the following requirements:
- Coupons must be in date
- We will accept original paper manufacturer, Food Lion, or coupons loaded directly to your personal MVP card for face value
- This includes “FREE” coupons
- Coupons loaded to your personal MVP card count as a coupon in any instance
- We will not accept copies of coupons
- We will not accept altered coupons
- We do not double or triple coupons
- We do not accept coupons displayed on a phone or tablet
- We will accept internet coupons that appear to be the original, with the exception of “FREE” internet coupons
- “FREE” coupons printed from the internet will not be accepted
- Coupons will only be honored for identical items that we sell
- The purchase requirements and restrictions of each coupon must be followed
- This includes size, quantity limits, etc.
- The coupon value will be deducted from the final retail (regular or MVP) and cannot exceed the final sale price of the product
- Only one coupon is allowed per item
- Each coupon loaded to an MVP card count as a coupon
- Manufacturers’ digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturers’ paper coupons on the purchase of the same items
- A maximum of ten (10) of the same coupon can be used when ten (10) of the specified items are purchased .
- Each coupon loaded to an MVP card count as one of the ten (10) coupons
- “Dollar-off-total-order” coupons must meet or exceed purchase requirements of the coupon to be honored
- For any coupon with a minimum spend, the minimum threshold must be met before taxes and after MVP discounts in order to receive the discount. Discounts are not applicable towards the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, gift cards, postage stamps, or services
- We reserve the right to limit the quantity of coupons that may be redeemed in one shopping visit, even if not outlined in our coupon policy
- We reserve the right to refuse any coupon that may appear to be fraudulent
- State law determines the application of sales tax
COMPETITOR COUPON ACCEPTANCE (NOT APPLICABLE TO ALL STORE LOCATIONS)
Select Food Lion locations will accept coupons from any competitor. Stores that honor competitor coupons have signs posted at each entrance door. Competitor’s coupons must meet the above guidelines in addition to the following:
- We do not accept competitor coupons earned on a loyalty rewards program or competitor digital coupons
- Competitor coupons for their private brand items will be accepted for a matching Food Lion private brand items
- We will honor only two (2) of the same competitor’s coupon when two(2) of the specified items are purchased.
- “Dollar-off-total-order” coupons will be limited to one Food Lion and one competitor’s coupon per day, per household
- The Food Lion coupon must be used first
- The remaining balance must meet or exceed the competitor’s coupon requirements