Tax Day is this Monday coming!! We have found a slew of FREEBIES & DEALS to help ease the tax deadline!
Tax Day 2019 Food and Drink Specials
Tax Day is one of the biggest days of the year for free food giveaways at restaurant chains (no proof of purchase required). There are also plenty of discounts and BOGO deals, as well as promos from food-delivery services.
- Amazon Restaurants: Eat at your favorite restaurant while de-stressing at home. Code EAT7 gets you $7 off your first order with Amazon Restaurants.
- Applebee’s: April’s drink special at Applebee’s is the Strawberry Dollarita with a Twizzler straw. As its name suggests, it’s just $1 all month long, so you can enjoy it on Tax Day.
- Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt: On April 15, get a free small frozen yogurt at Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt. Just mention the offer at the point of purchase. Available while supplies last. Limit one per customer. See details.
- Bite Squad: Use promo code TAXDAY19 when placing an order with Bite Squad on April 15, and pay new delivery fees on orders of $20 or more. See details.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: The annual Tax Relief Deal is back April 10 to 15 at Bruegger’s. The Big Bagel Bundle (13 New York-style bagels with two tubs of cream cheese) is $10.40 ($3.50 off). To get the offer, join the Bruegger’s Inner Circle rewards program, or claim the offer on Brueggers.com.
- BurgerFi: Double cheeseburgers are $4.15 on April 15. Limit of one per person. Get the offer by downloading the BurgerFi app.
- Cici’s Pizza: Use this coupon to get an adult buffet for $4.15 on Tax Day at Cici’s. Large drink purchase required.
- DoorDash: If tax stress makes you want to curl up on the couch, order in. DoorDash is offering $20 off on any order for new customers for the rest of the month.
- Firehouse Subs: Purchase a full-price medium or large sub, chips and a drink and get a free medium sub. Deal valid April 15 to 17. Use this coupon.
- Great American Cookies: Stop by a Great American Cookies location on April 15, and get a free Original Chocolate Chip Cookie. No purchase required. See details.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Get one free Original Turkey or Veggie Dog on April 15 at Hot Dog on a Stick. No purchase necessary. See details.
- Kona Ice: Trucks in many metro areas will be giving away free shaved ice on April 15 in honor of what it Kona calls Chill Out Day.
- Lenny & Larry’s: This company originated the protein cookie and is partnering with H&R Block to give free cookies at select locations. Until April 15, those who come in to select H&R Block locations to file their taxes will receive a free bag (while supplies last) of Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Crunchy Cookies.
- Menchie’s: Download the app by April 15, and get a free $5 frozen yogurt. The Menchie’s Money coupon will show up automatically in the app.
- Noodles & Company: NoodlesREWARDS members will receive $4 off online and mobile orders of $10 or more from April 10 to April 15. To get the offer, sign up for the rewards program by April 9.
- Seamless: Order your comfort food of choice with Seamless and get a $25 credit if you’re a new customer.
- Schlotzky’s: Get a free small The Original sandwich with purchase of a medium drink and chips on April 15 at participating Schlotzky’s Bakery Cafe locations. See details.
Tax Day 2019 Retail Sales
These retailer sales and free-gifts-with-purchase offers all coincide with Tax Day.
- Dermstore: On April 15, Dermstore will debut a special Best of Dermstore professional kit with some of its top-rated products. A $200 value, it will retail for $49.99. Some of the products will include Lancer Skincare Omega Hydrating Oil, Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant and more.
- Elizabeth Arden: Use this promo code to get a free seven-piece gift with orders over $50 through April 15.
- Kohl’s: Whatever you’ve been meaning to splurge on, use this promo code to get 15% off purchases over $100. It’s good all April long.
- Macy’s: Get 40% off when you buy two or more pairs of women’s shoes by April 15.
- Naturalizer: Use this promo code by April 15, and get 20% off when you buy two pairs of shoes.
- Office Depot and OfficeMax: Get free Workonomy shredding services at all Office Depot/OfficeMax retail stores March 31 through April 27. Bring up to 5 lbs of documents and present this coupon. The IRS suggests keeping tax records for three years, so bring in any old returns hogging space in your filing cabinet.
- Sephora: Until April 17, snag this freebie: Free Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion trial size with orders over $25. Use this promo code.
Tax Day Travel Deals
Travel companies market vacation deals around Tax Day to appeal to those who want to spend their refunds on a getaway — and to those who need a budget-friendly vacation if their refunds fall short.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites: The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami is offering guests 20% off a future stay (two-night minimum) if they book on April 15.
- Hotwire: Use promo code TAXGETAWAY15 when booking on Hotwire.com, and get $15 off $150 Hot Rate hotel deals. This deal is valid April 11 to 16.
- Omni Hotels: The Omni Mount Washington Resort in New Hampshire is offering lift tickets for $17.76 (and a return voucher for next season) on April 15. See details. The Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Pennsylvania, meanwhile, is offering a Tax Day Love deal — get a certificate for a complimentary night to share with a friend when you book on April 15. The certificate is valid for stays between April 16 and Dec. 22. See details.
- Orbitz: Get a refund of the taxes owed for your trip. On April 15, visit this site (will go live on Tax Day) and sign up for Orbitz Rewards (or just log into your account if you have one). Then, book a standalone hotel or vacation package. Orbitz will refund all taxes paid on your trip in the form of Orbucks into your Rewards account within 48 hours. Use these rewards for future travel.
And for the 12% who still have yet to file, especially the 7% who aren’t planning to file until the day, here are some last minute deals on tax software to make procrastination a little less painful:Last-Minute Deals on Tax Software
Still need to file? File with these online services and save money by utilizing these deals:
- Groupon: Get 20% off tax software.
- H&R Block: Get up to 40% off online products. Prefer to file with a human? New customers get $25 off in-store tax prep.
- Jackson Hewitt: Get 25% off federal tax prep.
- TaxAct: Get 15% off federal and state returns.
- TaxSlayer: Use this code to get 20% off when filing your federal return.
- TurboTax: Get up to $20 off tax-filing software.